Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Investors Underground Review


This review is my experience in the IU chat and community.  I have not fully utilized all the features offered.  I have mainly just stuck to the momentum room.  For those that don’t know, you get access to 3 rooms with IU.  The momentum room, OTC/sub pennies room, and a swing room.  You also get Nate’s watchlist and Muddy’s momentum scan included. 

The momentum room – by far the biggest of the 3.  Before I forget I should mention you can be in all 3 at the same time if you want.  This is also the fastest moving room.  The alerts come in fast and furious-never a shortage of ideas to act on.  This room is where Nate posts his trades and explains his plan.  He also posts commentary on his trades such as warnings when not trade if your new or key areas to watch for support/resistance break.  This is also the room that trader530 posts breaking news.  His alerts are great because he is so fast, you can get in on the front side of moves if you act fast.  There is always a ton of volume coming on the news he posts. 

OTC/subber room – Run by mountaintrades.  Slower pace room than momentum and I have not spent much time in here.  Personal preference to stay away from most OTC stocks because I like to be able to get out of a position fast.  I have struggled to get my order filled on a few OTC stocks and had my order skipped over, so I mostly stay clear.  Also know it is slower in the summer, so will be popping in more in coming months.  I would say there are usually 75 – 100 people in this room when I’ve checked it out.  There are a bunch of good traders in here besides mountaintrades – main one that I reach out to that comes to mind is modernrock.  If you don’t know who he is, I suggest at least checking out his twitter. 

Swing trader chat – run by offshorehunter.  I keep telling myself that I need to start paying more attention to this room.  I like how it is run, like OTC room has a more relaxed feel to it, and they post charts of what they are looking at and areas they are interested in each stock.  This is also the room that is most like Superman’s room because he is a swing trader.  So in here instead of the alerts being a ticker and an entry price, there is a link to a chart showing the view she(or member posting) is looking at and seems to be a great way to learn what set ups she likes to trade.   I have not reached out to her like I have some of the other mods (mainly momentum room) but will be doing so soon.  I am starting to go over some of her webinars and like her teachings and trading strategy.

This leads me to the what I feel is the best part of Investors Underground.  The other members.  There are a lot of successful traders in the room and they have all been happy to help and answer any questions I throw their way.  None of the other traders have ignored a message I have sent them.  They have been through the early days of a trading career and have some great insight into what helped them reach the next level.  They have been happy to explain what they saw when they entered a trade and their plan.  But the person I have reached out to most often is Nate himself.  I message him everyday with a few questions that I have throughout the day.  He has always answered them all and he responds really fast too.  I expected him to be tied up watching his trades and slow to answer but that is yet to be the case. 

One more thing I want to mention about being a member of IU chat is the webinars.  This is the time to ask Nate any question you have about trading or a previous play.  He goes over any chart to show you what he saw and why he traded a stock the way he did.  Michele also does webinars to help shed light on her strategy and trading.  Best part is they are recorded and posted for members to view anytime.  So its not a huge deal if you miss it live, you can still learn from other members questions.  The webinars are a more interactive version of the video lessons (screen capture trade recap) Nate does for Investors Underground Elite members.   

No comments:

Post a Comment