Sunday, August 10, 2014

Textbook Trading DVD review


I was reluctant to buy the DVD because of the price tag and really didn’t know very much about Nate.  Heard it was worth the money and when I saw it on sale with a trial for his chat I decided to buy it.  Cheaper than a bad loss and got the opportunity to see what inverstorsunderground is all about.  I figured I knew a decent amount about day trading by now (few months in Tim Sykes’ chat and also Superman’s-reviews coming) but I ended up learning a lot watching this DVD.  Nate breaks it down very simply at the beginning in case you do not have any previous knowledge or experience trading.

The main thing that opened my eyes first time watching was how to set risk.  Before I was choosing how much of a stock to by from its price.  I would say I’ll put $2,000 into this stock, its $10/share so I would buy 200 shares and manage the trade from there.  Not knowing exactly when to get out if it went against me.  After watching the DVD it completely changed my approach and I know how much I’m risking per trade.  I now have a good spot to cut it off and keep my losers in control.  I know going into a trade I am risking a loss of $50 if I am wrong and nothing more.  This also helped me realize it is ok to be wrong and to just move onto the next one because my losing trades don’t hurt as much as before.    

Nate also gave me a new pattern to be on the watch for – ABCD setup.  I had seen it played out over and over before, but didn’t have a way to explain it or be ready to capitalize on it.  This is a great setup with a solid risk vs reward, most importantly the set risk I lacked in my trading previously. 

Nate is good about explaining what types of trades to focus on if you’re new.  Hint – if he says not for new traders, leave them alone until you've seen it many times.  Prove to yourself you have a good understanding of his other trade setups and can execute them consistently.  Only after would I suggest trying the riskier plays like parabolic shorts.  On that note I would wait and watch it play out multiple times in chat before using any real money.  The plays that are easiest for new traders to catch are ABCD and late day fades.

I liked how Nate goes over his setup in the DAS platform.  He shows you exactly what he is looking at and how to set it up on your own computer.  I set mine up like his, but to track 2 tickers instead of the 3 he does.  I have a smaller screen and 3 looks too small for me.  Without Nate going over this, I would not have opened a suretrader account.  He recommends them in the chapter he goes over a few brokers, but a walk through on how a successful trader set it up is what gave me the push to give it a try. 

Finally this DVD helped out with creating a watchlist and plan for the next day.  I struggled to create watchlists before.  I had some help from Tim, but he looks for very specific plays.  I am trying to be a full-time trader and like to push more buttons.  Nate helped identify patterns setting up from the daily charts.  I didn’t think about what the wicks really meant and looked like intraday before he spelled it out.  Also what to look for in a gap play – PDT friend because you buy at end of day and can sell at open next day and not using a day trade.  I limit my watchlists to stocks under $15 or $20 because I have a small account and can’t afford the bigger stocks.  Now I have something specific to watch for with every ticker on my watchlist.  I tend to favor the red to green setup because it is easy to identify and seems to give most small cap/micro cap stocks a good pop.  Also easy to identify on the daily chart it has a history of doing this.

Check out Nate’s DVD - here or here

I love how approachable Nate is in the chat and how helpful he is.  He always answers any questions I have and has helped guild me in trades I wasn’t sure to get out of or not.  I will create a review of IU chat later.  I will do a review for everything I mentioned in here-hoping to get it done in the next week or two.  (Superman’s chat, Tim’s chat, investors underground chat, ect)

Here’s another link if your interested in any of the guru’s on profitly.  Happy to give you my thoughts on any of the services!  My reviews on a few services I subscribe to: Investors Underground, Super Alerts, PennyStocking Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment